AANR-West Academic/Vocational Scholarship
After various discussions concerning the annual scholarships, the AANR-West Boards came to an agreement that we would provide one merit-based scholar in 2021 in the amount of $1,250.00. There will, however, be a few differences this year.
1. Only students graduating from high school during the 2020/21 academic year can apply.
2. The student must indicate that they have been accepted for vocational education at a regionally accredited vocational college, or at a regionally accredited community college or university. Proof of acceptance will be required.
3. We are no longer requiring letters of support from parents or other advocates of the student.
4. The applicant must clearly establish that they are a member of a nudist family, members of AANR-West, and fully participate in the nudist lifestyle.
5. The student must provide a copy of their most recent high school transcripts indicating an overall Grade Point Average of 2.9 (on a four-point scale).
6. The student must (and this is important) prepare a letter in which they describe the following:
Their learning experience in high school, including a commentary on the classes that they felt, were most beneficial to their overall learning experience.
Their ability to demonstrate a clear indication that the student is capable of both critical and analytical thinking, self-evaluation, the ability to construct a train of thought, as well as demonstrate a command of English grammar and syntax.
Their view of what lies next for them in their lifelong learning experience.
7. The letter must be typewritten (word processed), in 12-point type with 1-inch margins, and double-spaced.
The deadline for receipt of all material is June 1, 2021, with the subject line of the AANR-West Scholarship. A completed application consists of the most current high school transcripts and the letter described above. Incomplete applications will not be considered; thus, it would be best to send all of the required material in the same email. The committee will review the applications and respond no later than June 10, 2021.
All material must be sent via email to Larry.Gould@nau.edu.